Some people have a negative impression of home decorators and interior designer in Studio City. They think that interior design is about playing with different fabrics and expensive furniture.
Little do they know that there is more to the profession than that. Interior design can include glitz and glam but it is also about simplification and creation of a beautiful and efficient home. Interior designers in Studio City work to create a design flow that achieves balance and harmony.
Here are some of the most common misconceptions about home decor and interior design debunked by an interior designer in Studio City:
- Always fill up empty spaces – Your current dining table may look bare and need some accessories or a centerpiece to fill the space. However, an interior designer knows a dining table may look better with no accessories than with the wrong accessories. Same goes with your empty shelves or space. Sometimes, an open and uncluttered space may look more attractive than forcing decor accents that don’t fit.
- Going all white is high-maintenance – White walls enhance and highlight individual design elements. When it comes to cleaning walls, white walls can be low-maintenance when you chose the correct paints. Instead of using a white matte finish, you can choose a glossy finish that makes cleaning easier.
- Hiring an interior designer is expensive – Most interior designers follow a standardized fee for a design project. This professional fee is comparable to other professions and experts in their field. The word “expensive” is correlated with the type of furnishing and materials you choose for your overall design. The best advice we can give you is to be upfront with your interior designer when it comes to your budget. They always find a way.
- Matchy-matchy – Interior designers got the reputation of “matchy-matchy” because many showrooms presented furnishings in this way. In fact, designers like to experiment with mismatched table styles and other elements as long as it serves its purpose and compliments your design.
- Saying no to wallpapers inside the bathroom – Grasscloths and wallpapers are great wall accents. Gone are the days where wall covers would peel off in wet areas. With today’s innovations, durable wallpapers are now available that can withstand high moisture. Better yet, use wallpapers that are away from the shower head to keep it relatively dry.
A beautiful and livable home is what matters most. Hiring an expert to help you achieve a stunning interior design is worth every penny. They can also walk you through choosing the right furniture and home accents that will fully debunk your myths about home decorating.
What are you waiting for? Call the help of an interior designer in Studio City and let them help you achieve a beautiful home you always wanted.
Abby Rose, a top interior designer, provides residential home decorating services in Santa Monica, Malibu, Pacific Palisades, Studio City, and greater Los Angeles area. With over 20 years in the fashion and interior design industry in addition to the ownership of Architexture, an interior design store, rest assured you’ll get the best for your home interior. For Studio City and the Los Angeles area interior design and custom furniture, contact Abby for an interior design consultation.